Does June Dairy Month count as a real holiday? Though it doesn’t come with any long weekends or traditional decorations, there is plenty happening this month to make June Dairy Month feel like a legit celebration. Sure, dairy farmers work hard to produce the delicious, healthy dairy products you enjoy all year round, but June offers a great excuse to celebrate both dairy farmers and the dairy foods we love.
Haven’t celebrated June Dairy Month before? Here’s a quick how-to guide to celebrating June Dairy Month with your family.
- Make an amazing, June Dairy Month holiday meal. Check out our recipes page for some ideas, or follow our sister organization New England Dairy & Food Council (NEDFC) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all month long as they share their favorite dairy recipes!
- Check out a video featuring a local dairy farming family.
- Give a gallon of milk to a family in need with The Great American Milk Drive at Price Chopper, Adams Hometown Markets, or on online.
- Bring your family to a dairy-themed special event in Vermont, the home of most New England dairy farms—the Vermont Dairy Festival (celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year!) in Enosburg Falls this weekend or Vermont Breakfast on the Farm in Ferrisburgh on June 25th.
- Wow your family and friends with your dairy savviness by learning how milk gets from the farm to you in 48 hours with this video.
- Be sure to visit and share our June Dairy Month page and get a crash course on dairy questions, more tasty recipes and everything in-between!
What are you doing to celebrate June Dairy Month with your family?