Simple, easy and delicious, this Spinach Quiche with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers is perfect for an everyday breakfast or holiday brunch. Serve with a side of fruit or salad.
9 in baked pastry shell
6 oz ricotta salata cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 green onions, chopped (include green tops)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup light cream
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped (pat dry of excess liquid with paper towel)
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (pat dry of excess liquid with paper towel)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend the ricotta salata cheese, cottage cheese, chopped green onions, olive oil, dried basil, pepper and garlic salt together until smooth.
- Add eggs and light cream; blend again until smooth.
- Layer your spinach at the bottom of the pastry shell, then add chopped artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers on top. Hold aside a little bit of roasted red peppers if you’d like to add a bit of color to the top.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserts into the center cleanly.
- Let quiche sit for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe by Michelle Nahom A Dish of Daily Life